iWELL Plastic Surgery’s
The calves are comprised of diverse muscles which can become more prominent and bulge out. The calf reduction procedure is aimed at making the calves appear slimmer and smoother. The most appropriate method is chosen based on an accurate analysis of the individual characteristics calves to create long and beautiful legs.
Duration of Surgery
30 minutes~1 hour
After 7 days
What is the Calf Muscle?
Types of Muscle Prominence
– It is a relatively large muscle that easily becomes prominent
– Wearing high heels causes this area to bulge out
– Relatively small muscle mass
– Becomes prominent due to genetic factors or too much exercise
– The thickest and largest muscle among the calf muscles
– Easily becomes prominent in O-shaped legs
Complex Muscle Development
– The calves appear muscular due to the prominence of all three muscles
– This is commonly seen in athletes
Muscle and Fat Development
– The calves appear thick overall
– The calves look wide with indiscernible contours
Calf Reduction Methods
Non-Incisional Nerve Block
Heat generated by high-frequency energy is applied to the nerves connected to the gastrocnemius muscle in the calves to selectively block them. Because this is a selective procedure, it causes little to no damage to the surrounding tissue and minimizes pain and edema.
High-Frequency Muscle Reduction
Heat from high-frequency energy is used to directly burn the gastrocnemius muscle. The direct heat application may cause severe edema, but it allows selective muscle removal from the desired area.
iWELL’s Calf Plastic Surgery Types
Want a short procedure that produces immediate effects?
Have excess subcutaneous fat
in the calves?