Pre- and Post-Op Care
No smoking, drinking or eating the day before (incl. water)
No nail polish, accessories or contact lenses
Wear a loose top with a zipper or buttons on the front that is easy to wear and take off
Use public transportation
Take the prescribed drugs
No smoking or drinking for a month after surgery
Thorough care of the surgical site (watch the instructions video)
Do not drive immediately after surgery
Home Care After Plastic Surgery
- Incision Care After Eye/Nose Surgery
- Incision Care After Breast Surgery
- Incision Care After Facial Contouring Surgery
Required materials : Cotton swab (individually packaged) for disinfection, sterile gauze and sterile saline solution (for wound disinfection)
Sufficiently dampen the gauze with a saline solution
* Do not touch the area soaked in the saline solution!
Cover the surgical site with the gauze
* After nose surgery, roll the end of the gauze and place it on the incision sites near the nostrils!
Remove the gauze after 5 minutes
Remove the secretions that did not come offwith the gauze by using a cotton swab
* Gently remove the secretions and be careful not to widen the incision
Preparation: Disinfecting cotton swab (individually packed)/ sterilizing gauze / sterilizing saline solution / povidone (Betadine solution for disinfection)
Fully soak gauze with saline solution
* Do not touch the area with saline solution with hands!
Slightly press gauze on the area of surgery
* Do not smear!
Remove gauze after 5 minutes
Apply povidone and wait until it is dried out
Cover the sterilized gauze or band on the wounded area
– 1 or 2 days after the surgery: Mild drink without solid ingredients
– 2 weeks after the surgery: Liquid food not to be chewed
<How to apply pack>
Cold pack for 3 days after the surgery and hot pack afterwards
*Make sure that it is not too hot when applying hot pack. Turn around in every 15 seconds using microwaves.
<How to disinfect>
– Gargle with Hexamedine Solution 15mL you receive from the hospital, so that it directly applies to incised area
– Make sure not to have high pressure when gargling
– It is possible to use other gargle after using all 2 bottles of gargle provided
– Make sure to brush teeth with gargle without stimulating the area